We've just confirmed the curriculum for our 8th Annual Refresher Course in Anesthesiology to be held March 31st and April 1st 2011 in Kumasi, Ghana.
Topics to be taught by ourselves and our colleagues from the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital:
- Anesthesia for burn patients
- Anesthesia for abdominal surgery
- Anesthesia for the trauma patient
- Anesthesia for patients with head injuries
- Anesthesia for diabetic patients
- Management of the unstable newborn
- Fluid management for pediatric & adult patients
- Pregnancy-induced hypertension
- Malignant Hyperthermia
- Management of post-operative nausea & vomiting
- Peri-operative pain management
- Peri-operative management of hypertension
- Practical airway management
- Role of the anesthetist in the recovery room
- Transport of the critically ill patient
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- ECG interpretation
- Pulmonary physiology for the anesthetist
These subjects will be covered in both the lecture setting and in small group seminars.
We are all very excited to work with our colleagues once more to produce another successful refresher course.
If you're in the vicinity, come and say hi.